Thursday 10 December 2009

Current Developments 1

My current practice, although mostly digital in form, are mixed media and hybridised montages or collages. These are a summary of my concerns:
  • Mixed media
  • Photographic Imagery
  • Found Imagery
  • Collage
  • Montage
  • Hybridity
  • Hyperrealism
  • Romanticiam
  • Surrealism
  • Metamorphosis


Max Ernst seems to be one of a number of influences. Here is a piece of his writing on one of the approaches that guided his development as an artist.

“Inspiration to Order” 1932:

“Being one fine rainy day… I found myself recalling how in childhood an imitation mahogany panel opposite my bed had served as optical excitant of a somnolence vision, and I was struck by the obsession now being imposed on my Irritated Gaze by the floor…”



Max Ernst is inspired here by the writings of Leonardo: his Treatise on Painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment